Monday, May 15, 2006

Wedding Kwento (Part 2)

I saw my sisters by the door of the church so I hand signalled to them to come near me (because I didn't want to go down the car unless it's time for me to walk down the isle already), they came to me and I asked them if everything's ok. My sisters looked at each other and said, "Ate, don't worry... nandito na lahat and the butterflies have been handed out" I smiled at them and said, "how can I not worry ang haba ng isle na lalakaran ko, baka matisod ako!", and we all laughed. I don't think I would ever forget that moment... when we were like schoolgirls laughing at a secret joke... A few moments later of the women who were helping out at the church aksed them to go inside and line up for the entrance of the entourage already. I took a deep breath and readied myself. I waited until the church doors were closed and the only people assisting me were the two women from the church. They kept reassuring me, I was beautiful and that everything was going to go smoothly. The nervousness came back as I heard the Canon in D being played. I was imagining my entourage walking down the isle... and then one of the ladies touched my arm and said, "it's time." So I took another long deep breath as they opened the huge church doors. As the first notes of the song "Hanggang May Kailanman" by Carol Banawa filled the church, I took my first step, and the second, and I went on walk down the red carpeted isle of St. Andrew's Cathedral... The church where my parents got married in, the church where I was baptized, the church I go to almost every Sundays and Wednesdays, the church where Charlie and I first heard mass as a couple. As I reached the middle of the long walk, my parents were there waiting to accompany me for the rest of the way. I clutched at my Dad's arm like it was a lifeline and felt my Mom's hand at my left elbow, here are the people I care about and who care about me and they are going to give me away to a person they have learned to trust... enough to entrust me...
wedding march
I saw familiar faces, faces of family and friends, I know I heard several words of encouragement and praise, but I can't remember who they were or what their exact words were... All I know is that I can feel everyone's happiness and love for us... I am now walking towards the man I will be one with for the rest of my life...
the groom
As I reached Charlie, he said "mano po" to my parents and my heart just swelled with pride and love for him even more... and then he took my arm and we walked towards the altar... he whispered something to me, I didn't quite understand so I looked at him and he was smiling from ear to ear... I smiled back and continued to walk on...
wedding ceremony
Rev. Fr. Albert Caballero started the ceremony...
wedding ceremony 2
and before you know it...
sealed with a kiss

(reception kwento to follow...)

No comments: