Monday, May 15, 2006

Wedding Kwento (Part 1)

I woke up at around 6am, which is relatively early considering I'm not an early riser... excited?! Anyways, I felt like there were a million things I forgot to do or did wrong that I have to rectify before 4pm that day... Anyways, I proceded to what seemed like a tasteless breakfast (I was too jittery to even remember what it was!) and helped my mom arrange my gown and accessories at the bed. (BTW, the wedding preps took place at my grandfather's house nearby -a stone's throw away from our house) Then the HMUA arrived, my good friend Tata with his assistant (sorry dear, I didn't catch his name in all the confusion) Anyways, the make-up and hair-do sessions started right away (I guess it was already around 11am already by that time) and because our videographer arrived late I didn't have before and after pictures just the after the makeup... that's ok though... and of course when the videographer/photographer arrived they took charge of the scene... directing which stuff to put where and where to look and what to do and when to smile...

wedding HMUA

wedding videographer

mom & bouquet

wedding outfit details

As I prepared to go the church, the nervous jitters faded away and was replaced with excitement and happiness... the realization finally sank in... this was the day I was going to be united with a soul already linked to mine. Today, I'm going to say I do... today, I'm going to be a wife!

On the way to church, as I was in the bridal car with my mom (BTW, Thank you so much Tito Boy for providing the car and being the driver aside from being part of the Entourage as well!) Charlie and I kept on texting one another, "is everything ok?", "may kulang pa ba?", "nakuha ba ni rosebeth yung butterflies?"... when I think about it now, I cannot help but smile... slightly OC lang naman po because we did the preparation on our own... no wedding planner... not even an "on the day coordinator"... yes we assigned certain people to take care of things during the wedding but we couldn't help but be concerned...

Finally we arrived at the church and my mom went out of the car with Tito Boy to check on things... I was left alone in the car for several minutes... I said a little prayer "Thank you, Lord for this day... Thank you for giving me someone to love and marry, Thank you for all the people who are helping us make this happen... I just have one more thing to ask You... please Lord, don't make me trip when I walk down the isle.."

the church and more

(...to be continued)

No comments: